Saturday, February 6, 2010

New Tote Bag



Happy weekend. We got a little bit of snow last night. I have been busy this morning working on all sorts of primitive bowl fillers. I hope to have them listed on www.thecrowscorner.com this week. I wanted to show you one of my totes. I try to make each one individual. I layer a lot of vintage photos, postcards, laces, old cigar labels, scrapbook paper, copies of vintage tins, sheet music, vintage maps, pictures of birds, old tage, books, stamps, (I love everything by Tim Holtz) anything vintage that I find interesting. I make a collage and then use "Quick Fuse" photo sheets from Jo-Ann Fabrics. I tried printing my own with an ink jet printer onto muslin, but have not found a way to heat set the color properly. I hope you can see the layers in the photos. I am designing many different styles and will have them listed on our on line store soon I hope. Each tote comes with a small angel that I have made attached to a tag wishing "Primitive Blessings". I figure, we can all use an extra angel and prayer at sometime in our lives. Let me know what you think. I am very lucky, my wonderful husband is out in our shop so I can stay inside and create. I don't know what I would do without him. I also need help getting more followers, does anyone have any suggestions? Have a great weekend and God Bless. Lynda

No comments:

Post a Comment